On Monday, March 30, 2015, Governor Nathan Deal signed the Emancipation Diploma bill (HB 91) into law. Students who have met all high school graduation requirements with the exception of passing either the Georgia High School Graduation Tests (GHSGT) or the Basic Skills tests can petition their school board to grant them a diploma.
The process by which former students can petition the Carroll County School System for their diploma is as follows:
- Complete and mail the Petition for Diploma form. Hard copies of this form are also available at the Board of Education office and each high school.
- If it is determined that the former student did successfully complete all requirements for graduation as outlined in the designated state graduation rule, he or she will be eligible to order an updated final transcript and diploma.
Points of Information:
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing your request.
- After 3-4 weeks, former students should contact their respective high schools to find out if their petition was granted or denied. If granted, students should order their diplomas and final transcripts from the high school counselor. Diplomas are optional; final transcripts are necessary for enrollment in postsecondary schools.
- There is a $5.00 fee for final transcripts and a $45.00 fee for diplomas. These fees will be paid at the schools in cash or with a money order.
- Questions should be directed to the high school counselors.
Bowdon High School Central High School
(770) 258-5408 (770) 834-3386
504 West College Street 113 Central High Road
Bowdon, Georgia 30108 Carrollton, Georgia 30116
Mt. Zion High School Open Campus High School
(770) 834-6654 (770) 832-3568
280 Eureka Church Road 164 Independence Drive
Carrollton, Georgia 30117 Carrollton, Georgia 30116
Temple High School Villa Rica High School
(770) 562-3218 (770) 459-5185
589 Sage Street 600 Rocky Branch Road
Temple, Georgia 30179 Villa Rica, Georgia 30180
Board of Regents
College Board - SAT and AP
Georgia Student Finance Commission
Technical College System of Georgia
Carrollton-Carroll County Educational Collaborative